PSP repair blog

Sunday, April 02, 2006

PSP memory card

If your PSP can't read memory card follow this PSP tutorial

Loaded it correctly,if the amber flash light flashes that means that you haven't loaded the memory stick corectly.Take off your memory stick and insert it again correctly according to the manual if the problem persists then format the card(formatting prepares cards to receive data). Non-sony cards or cards formatted on a computer must be formatted with the Sony PSP before they can be used. All data stored on the card,is erased when the card is formatted so when formatting a used card,confirm there are no files that you still want to keep on the card.You must back up those files before you format you memory stick.

Check if your memory is working on another PSP, card reader or any other device that can read it. If the memory card is working then try to blow in the PSP card slot to remove dust or dirt.If you still have a problem insert a different card in the PSP slot (a cheap 32mb memory stick duo can do the work) to detect if there is a problem with your PSP card slot.

Read our updated PSP repair tutorial list
Don't forget to subscribe to PSP repair RSS

5 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger access said...

My psp has suddenly stopped reading my memory stick, my memory stick works fine in other psp's.
Does anyone know if this is fixable or will i have to send it off to be repaired??

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger access said...

My psp has stopped reading my memory stick,it says there is no memory stick inserted. Other psp's read my memory stick ok.I have blown inside to remove any dust but this hasn't solved the problem. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is with my slot?

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger eggpatch said...

I have the same situation as yours. It suddenly stop working for sometime.. Im using PSP 1000 with a 4gb memory stick, Tried to use it on other PSP and it works fine. Tried to blows up the card reader still no luck.. looking for a solution for this.. If anybody have any idea please point us to the right direction..

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jus wanna let u guys know same thing happened with me the slot is broken an i haven't found any one that can repair the slot

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My PSP Memory Stick Slot is not allowing my psp memory stick to go in.
As I put my memory stick in it does not fully go in can someone be kind enough to help?
Please email me on BIGO_786@hotmail.co.uk
Many Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home